POSITION: Service Engineer
We are seeking applications from an enthusiastic and energetic person who would like to be part of our team delivering first class technical service. The role of Service Engineer (Full Time) will suit an experienced service technician.
You will be joining a dynamic, evolving company that places strong emphasis on continuous professional development. Career progression is encouraged, and training/upskilling is provided.
Our company strives to become the most innovative provider of integrated hardware and software solutions to our client base. We seek to achieve this through sustainable practises while creating an efficient and enjoyable work environment for our people.
Minimum Leaving Certificate.
A 3rd Level IT qualification or Network Certification would be an advantage.
- Read, write, and follow English instructions
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills with focus on excellent customer service
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with focus on excellent customer service
- Perform duties with minimal supervision
- A full, clean driving licence
- The ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Provide on-going end user training on equipment
- Utilise web-based applications as required to include service call handling software
- On-site and remote service support
- Collect equipment meter information and submit for billing purposes when required
- Customer problem resolution including escalation as required
- Coordinate work tasks and time management skills to ensure fulfilment of Service Level Agreements
Copier \ Printer Skills
- 5 years relevant photocopier and related equipment experience in a servicing and maintenance role, resolving customer and equipment printing issues.
- Canon equipment and Uniflow experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of Canon OCE \ Large Format copiers an advantage
- Detail-oriented and mechanically savvy, with the ability to install, disassemble and reassemble copiers and parts
- Advanced Equipment problem solving and diagnosis
- Able to demonstrate ability to recognise PC to printer connectivity
- Download and install printer drivers on end-user equipment
- Perform printer mapping to PC as required
- Device Configuration (Enter IP address, scanning templates, User access levels. Scan to File/Email, etc)
- Monitor/apply current software updates/patches onsite or remotely
- Strong computer skills and an understanding of computer networks and software programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office \ 365
- Knowledge of MAC Operating Systems and iWork an advantage
- Escalate printer network issues to appropriate resource
Area: All Ireland but mostly Munster \ Connaught
A company van, mobile phone, branded clothing, and computer \ Tablet is supplied
Hours of work will be 8:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. There may some be out of hours work.
Pay will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
Please apply in writing, enclosing a cover letter and current CV to: email@example.com.