Windows Driver Installation
Canon iR Advanced Windows Driver Installation
(be sure to check out our range of Business Printers,
Downloading the Printer Driver
1. Go to Canon Download Centre and search for you model number.
2. Choose the recommended driver. If in doubt see – Choosing the right Canon Driver
3. Accept the Disclaimer that appears.
4. The file should begin downloading and you will be presented with information on finding the downloaded file.
Installing the Printer Driver
1. Launch the downloaded file to extract the folder to your downloads library. The folder will be named similarly to PCL6_Driver_V2185_32_64_EN_00. If you are on an older 32bit version of Windows (XP) then open the 32BIT folder. If you have a newer 64bit version of windows then open the x64 folder.
2. Run the Setup.exe file and accept any warnings that appear. Click the Yes button to accept the License agreement.
3. Select the Standard install checkbox and click the Next button.
4. Tick the checkbox on the printer you wish to install. Tick Set Printer Information and click the Next button.
5. Tick the Set as Default Checkbox and click the Next button.
6. Click the Start button to begin installation.
7. Click Exit to finish the install. Placing a tick in ‘Restart My Computer’ ensures proper integration of the driver with your PC, but you can restart your computer when convenient.
We also sell and lease business printers and scan devices such as high volume printers, office printers, office photocopier printer, large format printers, high volume printers, office printers, canon multifunction printers and document scanners.
Why work with Docutec?
Part of the Cantec Group, Docutec are Ireland’s leading printer supplier; providing desktop printers, multifunction printers, photocopiers, large format printers, high volume printers and document scanners.
Other services include printer lease, secure print, managed print services and office automation tools.